Cacio e Pepe (Cheese and Pepper) is a classic pasta dish of Roman Cuisine. You can use Bucatini or Rigatoni pasta. The beauty of the recipe is in its simplicity, there are just the 2 ingredients: Pecorino Romano D.O.P. and freshly ground black pepper.
I would recommend a quality Pecorino that won’t become lumpy once in the pan. However, when you blend in the cheese it is important to lower the heat… Here is the recipe of my Cacio e Pepe.
Cacio e Pepe: ingredients
Remember 1 ounce = 28 grams
For 2 people (generous portions)
- 250 grams (about 8oz) Bucatini (alternatively Spaghettoni or Rigatoni)
- 90 grams Pecorino (3oz)
- Black Pepper (according to personal taste)
To learn about the procedure, watch my video recipe by clicking here! Enjoy.
I would like to thank the YouTube channel Cucinandomelagodo, which was the inspiration for this video in English. If you liked this recipe, share it on your social networks and don’t forget to have a look at the section dedicated to the most famous recipes.
Ultimi post di Sean Altamura (vedi tutti)
- Amatriciana: the recipe by Sean - 25 Febbraio 2021
- Cacio e Pepe that is Cheese and Pepper: the recipe - 18 Febbraio 2021
- Truffle allure: the interview with Mr. Lenzi, Ambassador of the Tartufo di Bagnoli Irpino - 27 Novembre 2020